Haven’t been able to stop listening to this altogether catchy jam from Monogem the last 24 or so hours. Now it gets to take up residence in your brain and inspire some 80′s-tinged dreams full of neon clothing and big hair, too. You’re welcome. Enjoy.
In news that should surprise no one, the new single from Seryn is a soaring, absurdly gorgeous piece of work. Color me very excited for their forthcoming sophomore album (which has no release date just yet, but which is hopefully coming out sooner rather than later). Enjoy.
Full of big, thundering percussion, some gritty soul, and some soulful grit, Caught A Ghost’s ‘No Sugar In My Coffee’ has about everything you’d like in a song, I think. Tremendous, this one. Enjoy.
I heard The Preatures‘ ‘Is This How You Feel?’ for the first time last week (thanks to my friend Helen’s superb new spring mix), immediately thinking to myself, ‘self, you must share this- it’s phenomenal and happy and everyone will love it.’ And then I looked online and found out that apparently the song is a year old and everyone already loves it, as evidenced by its more than 500k Soundcloud listens and 800k Youtube views. But hey, maybe you’re like me and you haven’t heard it, in which case here you go, friend. You and your ears are gonna love it. Enjoy.
Been a long time (6+ months, the research says), but here’s another collection of covers I’ve been really into lately. I’m obviously biased, but I think there’s a good chance you’re going to love each and every one of these. Enjoy.
(listen in the player above or click here to listen on 8tracks)
1. Hold On, We’re Going Home (Drake cover)- Bear’s Den
2. Can You Get To That (Funkadelic cover)- Houndmouth
3. Dance Yrself Clean (LCD Soundsystem cover)- MS MR
4. Marvin’s Room (Drake cover)- Sir Sly
5. The Mother We Share (Chvrches cover)- SOAK
6. Ya Hey (Vampire Weekend cover)- Phosphorescent
7. In Spite of Ourselves (John Prine cover)- Kyle Morton and Danielle Sullivan
8. The Way the Whole Thing Ends (Gillian Welch cover)- Night Beds
9. Hey, That’s Not The Way To Say Goodbye (Leonard Cohen cover)- Michael Kiwanuka
10. Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright (Bob Dylan cover)- Marcus Mumford and Justin Hayward-Young
11. Chicago (Sufjan Stevens cover)- Fort Frances
12. Seasons (Waiting On You) (Future Islands cover)- Slow Club
13. A New Life (Jim James cover)- Roo & The Howl
14. Pink Rabbits (The National cover)- Caitlin Rose
15. Waking Hour (Vandaveer cover)- Joe Pug
16. Thank God I’m A Country Boy (John Denver cover)- The Avett Brothers
On Twitter and Facebook I share links each day to various stuff that I think is great and/or worth people’s time. But not everyone that comes here is on Twitter or Facebook, so I gather up the best of those links each Monday and post them here so everyone can get in on the fun. If you’ve missed any of the past Monday Links (or just want to waste some time), check the archive of posts here.
First Aid Kit have a new album coming out June 10th and last week shared the first single, ‘My Silver Lining.’ It’s tremendous.
This piece from Caitlin White is exactly what music is all about.
Sylvan Esso teamed up with La Blogotheque for a Take Away Show in a van during SXSW. It turned out pretty awesomely.
Stunning session here from SOHN for 4AD.
Terrific stuff here from Teagan Johnston and Aidan Knight.
Don’t think I’ll ever tire of this Widower song.
Delightful video here of Bombay Bicycle Club.
Hip Hatchet on a roof in Boise. Nothing to dislike about that.
Love everything about this Damien Jurado video, from the idea behind it/where he’s playing to the song. Enjoy.