So over the weekend I got asked to put together a mix for a party a friend was throwing. It was fun to pick out the songs for this, mainly because you’re picking from old classics and stuff a good amount of the people there had never heard but could enjoy on first listen. Here’s a selection of the tunes (no sense in writing about the songs- most of them you have heard and, if you’re reading this site, already love):
1. Kids- Goodtimes Goodtimes.
2. Caravan- Van Morrison.
3. Good Man (Live)- Josh Ritter.
4. Wouldn’t It Be Nice- The Beach Boys.
5. Multiply- Jamie Liddell
6. Mushaboom- Feist.
7. Little Lovin’- Lissie.
8. Crazy for Leaving- Catfish Haven.
9. The Diamond Church St Choir- The Gaslight Anthem.
10. Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours- Stevie Wonder.
11. Summer Wastin’- Ana Ege
12. At the Beach- The Avett Brothers
13. Lost In My Mind- The Head and The Heart
14. Nightswimming- R.E.M.
15. Folding Chair- Regina Spektor
16. Forget the Flowers- Wilco
17. Home- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
18. Rollercoaster- M.Ward
19. How Sweet Is Emma’s Love (Team9 Edit)- Bon Iver vs. Marvin Gaye
20. Born to Run- Bruce Springsteen
21. Jackie Wilson Said (I’m In Heaven When You Smile)- Van Morrison
22. Baby’s Got Sauce- G. Love and Special Sauce
23. To Be Young- Ryan Adams
24. Sittin’ On The Dock of the Bay- Otis Redding
25. Somewhere Over the Rainbow- Israel Kamakawiwoʻole